October 7, 2011

wedding love: a sweet country wedding - part 2

Welcome to Part 2 of all the lovely details of Love In October's first project… our wedding. I hope you enjoyed Part 1 yesterday. 


For our wedding portraits, we had gorgeous scenic photographs taken in a field overlooking the Glass House Mountains at sunset. 


For guests to find their seats we had a polaroid ‘welcome’ sign and sweet white frames with the table listings. Our tables were decorated simply in white with small glass vases filled with Bells of Ireland and White Lilacs. On each table sat an envelope titled ‘1st Anniversary 18-10-10’. These anniversary time capsules contained little love bird cards where guests could leave love notes or well wishes for us to open on our first wedding anniversary.
.
For favours, guests were given personalised gingerbread men and women that also acted as place settings. They were also given handmade badges (to match the groom and groomsmen) which many of them wore on the night.


Together with my mother, my bridesmaids and my mother-in-law, we created a delicious ‘love is sweet’ dessert bar complete with macaroons, mini cupcakes, chocolate cake pops, chocolate brownies and shortbread cookies. We also provided ‘sweets’ bags for guests to take home as many sweets as they could fit. Our two tiered chocolate mud wedding cake was adorned with a miniature married couple made to look like us... me in my wedding gown and my husband in his suit jacket, boardshorts and thongs (flip-flops)!  


Our first dance was amazing and magical. Our bridal party joined in with us.  By the end of our first dance nearly every one of our guests was up dancing with us. 


favourite wedding detail: Our handmade wedding badges... creating them and seeing everyone wearing them on the day. My favourite... 'I heart chocolate cupcakes'. 

favourite wedding moment: Walking down the aisle with my parents and seeing my now husband at the end of the aisle waiting for me... and finally becoming his wife. Also I absolutely loved our first wedding dance together.  

your wedding day ideas and inspiration: I spent many hours looking through wedding magazines and wedding blogs. It was where I first found and fell in love with Green Wedding Shoes and Style Me Pretty
.
event design & styling: Love In October / photography: Jenny Cuerel of TWK Studio / location: Maleny Manor / gown: Darb Bridal Couture / bouquets: Julie Vine Flowers hair: Tess Knight / make-up: Lash Creative / cake figurines: Cake Inspirations paper goods, badges and dessert bar: Love In October

I am so excited to have been able to share with you our wedding and the love and inspiration behind the start of Love In October. I am even more excited to be celebrating our first birthday very soon!

(Photography by Jenny Cuerel of TWK Studio)

No comments:

Post a Comment