October 6, 2011

wedding love: a sweet country wedding - part 1

With our first birthday just around the corner, I thought it would be a great opportunity to tell you a bit more about how Love In October started. The idea for Love In October developed from my passion for all things detailed... weddings, stationary, tea parties, picnics, flowers, desserts and more. This detail love really started with the planning of our wedding… the many wonderful hours spent researching, dreaming, planning and creating. Like many other brides this didn't stop after our special day, so Love In October was born! So in two parts I thought I would share with you all the lovely details of Love In October’s first project… our wedding.

My mister and I were married just under two years ago... in October of course! When first starting to plan our big day we wanted to create a day that celebrated our love story. We chose to have a small intimate wedding with our closest family and friends. As we both share a love of the country and where we grew up, we wanted our day to have a sweet country feel. We also wanted our day to reflect us as a couple and have our guests feel like they were a special part of our day. 


I was incredibly lucky to have worn a beautiful handmade wedding gown by Darb Bridal. Brad created the most gorgeous custom gown for me that reflected my personality. My fabulous bridesmaid and flowergirl dresses were handmade by my mother.


Julie of Julie Vine Flowers created a beautiful bridal bouquet of white arium lilies. On my bouquet I pinned my something blue… blue birds that my mother wore on her wedding day as her something blue… and later my sister wore on her wedding day too. My bridesmaids carried a vibrant bouquet of green calla lilies while my flowergirl held a single white arium lily to match mine. For my something old... a ring my now husband gave to me a long time ago, my something new... my wedding gown and my something borrowed... a gorgeous bracelet that I borrowed from a close friend (she wore it on her wedding day as well as lending it to two other of our close friends for their something borrowed).


The groom and groomsmen wore dark grey suits with white shirts (with their chesties underneath). To give it a less formal feel, the groom opted for no ties. We wanted to do something a little different to the standard floral boutonnière so we handmade badges for the groom, groomsmen, father-of-the-bride and father-of-the-groom. 


We quickly feel in love with our chosen venue, Maleny Manor as it had that sweet country feel that we wanted. It had breathtaking views of the Sunshine Coast Hinterlands that was our backdrop for our ceremony. In our ceremony we performed a ‘tying the knot’ where our mothers tied our hands together to symbolise the coming together of our two families.


Please pop back tomorrow for Part 2 of our sweet country wedding. 

(Photography by Jenny Cuerel of TWK Studio)

No comments:

Post a Comment